Learn effective Time Management with world famous Mumbai Dabbawala

 

Abhishek Individual

(Not Rated)
Write a review
Mobile Un-Verified
Email Un-Verified

Description

A dabbawala (one who carries the box), sometimes spelled dabbawalla , tiffinwalla , tiffinwalla or dabbawallah, is a person in the Indian city of Mumbai whose job is to carry and deliver freshly made food from home in lunch boxes to office workers. Tiffin is an old-fashioned English word for a light lunch, and sometimes for the box it is carried in. Dabbawalas are sometimes called tiffin-wallas.Though the work sounds simple, it is actually a highly specialized trade that is over a century old and which has become integral to Mumbai's culture.Owing to the tremendous publicity, some of the dabbawalas were invited to give guest lectures in top business schools of India, which is very unusual. Most remarkably in the eyes of many Westerners, the success of the dabbawala trade has involved no Western modern high technology. The main reason for their popularity could be the Indian people's aversion to Western style fast food outlets and their love of home-made food. Lecture by Dabbawala:Almost 85% Dabbawalas are illiterate and the remaining 15% are educated up to 8th grade. This way we are not well qualified to teach anyone or for that matter deliver any lecture. However by working for years with full dedication, time management, no strike gathering experience in logistics - Dabbawalas have created as place of their own. Due to this reason we are invited for the lecture by reputed organizations in not only Mumbai or India but from foreign nations too. We are thankful to all for inviting us for the lecture and giving us so much respect. For more information on Dabbawala Lecture please visit  www.dabbawala.in

Feedback